Monday, July 7, 2008

Berry Goodness

When we were at the beach on Tues., I asked Stephanie if she'd like to go berry picking with us on Friday. I really wanted to go back to Linton's farms in order to pick more berries and make strawberry freezer jam as that was one of the kids requests from when we went out 2 weeks ago. Stephanie was very enthusiastic to join us as she had never gone berry picking before. The kids couldn't believe it - this was her first time! The harvest was still great and the berries were plentiful. The kids are awesome pickers and Naomi watched Emma which helped a lot! Then we bought supplies at the market and went home and made one batch of jam (another first!) before she had to go to work. Jared had told me that my jam is "to die for" and he really wanted me to teach Stephanie how to make it. Little did he know that the recipe is right in the box of certo! I was more than happy to oblige though. Fun times! Now I can't wait for the raspberry picking!

No comments: